Wd security & wd utilities software getting started

I have an iMac with Mountain Lion 10.8.4.  I got My Passport 3.0 USB last summer.  I’m just getting it started.  I have not formatted it yet.  My quesion right now is about the

WD DRIVE UTILITIES SOFTWARE AND WD SECURITY UTILITY.

I have both utilities ready and waiting.  I got this information:

"AFTER REFORMATING THE DRIVE.  IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED AND ARE GOING TO INSTAL WD SECURITY & WD DRIVE UTILITIES SOFTWARE, SEE “CONNECTING THE DRIVE AND GETTING STARTED” IN THE MY PASSPORT FOR MAC USER MANUAL THAT IS ON THE DRIVE. "

WHAT ARE THE STEPS THAT THE USER MANUAL IS GOING TO TELL ME?  I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW BEFORE I GET TO IT.  PLEASE, COULD YOU OUTLINE THE STEPS FOR INSTALLING WD SECURITY & WD UTILITIES SOFTWEAR?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH,

JASPERITA

Hi Jasperita, That section of the user manual primarily talks about just connecting the drive to your Mac, make sure that the drive properly shows up, and then gives some information about using Time Machine to backup your computer to the drive. It is mostly just basic information for getting started.

I’m not sure what model passport you have but I included a link below to the Passport for Mac user manual below.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705080.pdf

Thank You!!  I’m working now and don’t have my exact drive information.  I’ll get back with you in a couple of days, if not sooner.  Thank You this far!

Jasperita

My My Passport 2TB portable drive Model No. is:   WDBY8L0020BSL-NESN.   Does this User Manual cover this drive?  It does have information about the Utilities!  I will have to download and look over if it covers.  Thank You for your help!

Jasperita