Wd Red 4Tb Ext4 - Bad Sectors - How to FIX?

I have a Wd Red 4Tb in Ext4 format, in a Synology NAS, that is experiencing Bad Sectors.
As i understand, the procedure for fixture is removing the disk from NAS, and runnig the WD Diagnose toot under Windows via a USB Drive.

A couple of questions bothering me:

1. Most USB cases SATA cases I find, only admit up to 2Tb disks, others just omit this limitation, leaving us to guess if they will work or not. Does anyone in this forum can advise external hdd cases known to work with WD Red 4Tb in Ext4 Format?

2. Will the WD Diagnose Tool for Windows work with a Ext4 formated disk under Windows 10 64 bits version (since Windows would not normally read Ext4 disks)?

Thanks in advance to anyone that might help.

Antero

PS: Anyone at WD should look for a tool that woul work on NAS from other brands to directly fix this kind of error without having to remove the disks.

I have the same issue from Synology BTRFS format I have the WD Red 3TB and it’s only showing up was 800gb on WD Diagnose Tool for Windows

I have a Sharkoon Quickport Combo adapter and this has no problem with big disks. Even the very old WD diagnostics on a very old Windows XP SP2 shows a 4Tb disk correctly with full 4001Gb.

A full diagnostics run on such a big disk takes substantially longer than one day, and the time display of the diagnostics wraps at 24 hours… Apparently such long tests were not anticipated at the time the diagnostics was written.