WD quick view can not find the WD my cloud but WD my cloud mac version can access the device

Hi, Guys

I am using the Mac OS 10.10.1 and recently set up the WD my cloud, I can access the device using the Mac OS desktop app WD my cloud however the WD quick view can not access the device since it can not find the green button. Also WD SmartWave can not find and access the device. Is there any thing missing or it is the comptatibility issue? I see that WD SmartWave recently can support OS 10.10

Just seach the post in the community and realise there are someone with the same issue I have, I repost below

I have the EXACT problem.

I’m on Yosemite 10.10.1

WD Quick View V2.4.4.2

I’ve tried running MyBookLive Setup1.2.22 and it can’t find the device on my network.

And like you I can find it by the WD My Cloud App already installed and manually from its IP address via finder.

I’ve uninstalled the ‘quick view app’ and then downloaded a fresh one, reinstalled it and now that dosent even appear on the top bar!! gone from bad to worse!!

What the **bleep** is going on? I can’t run ANY of the diagnostics or settings on the drive :-@

WD - NOT HAPPY please help

Welcome to the Community.

At this moment WD SmartWare does not support NAS devices on Mac OS; this is a Windows-exclusive feature. Automatic backups are carried used Apple Time Machine.

The WD Quickview is not needed for running diagnostic tests. It is used to provide quick information related to drive usage, temperature, and a shortcut to the device Dashboard and shut-down options. These are all available directly in the WD My Cloud dashboard admin page.

The same here

Happens very irregularly but frequently and grinds my PC with Windows XP to halt (WD Smartware running in background - I am seriously considering uninstalling it).

Also, all of a sudden I cannot access drive’s GUI via web browser at all, but funny enough Windows sees volumes as nothing happened. I can access TWONKY via :9000 though.

Finally, nothing is being streamed and I do not work with the drive - but there’s a **bleep** of a lot of activity going on (LED blinking, drive noisy). I can also ping drive without issues.

What the heck?

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply, could you explain a little more how do I access the  WD My Cloud dashboard admin page? Quite interested in this. 

Also the wd quick view does not, is there any reason why? I guess it is because of the software compatibility issue?

fayue1015 wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply, could you explain a little more how do I access the  WD My Cloud dashboard admin page? Quite interested in this. 

Also the wd quick view does not, is there any reason why? I guess it is because of the software compatibility issue?

The WD Quickview does work on Mac OS; it’s independent from WD SmartWare. I’d recommend contacting WD Support if the application refuses to operate properly.

You can access your NAS’s dashboard by opening Safari and typing your WD My Cloud’s IP address in the address bar. You can also type “wdmycloud.local” in the address bar, or click on favorites> Bonjour and the Dashboard should be there.