WD portable Hard Disk Drive NOT responding/showing up under MyComputer

Hi Friends,

Can someone please help me to resolve my issue with WD external portable hard drive ?

Actual issue : My “WD External Portable Hard Drive” does NOT show under my-computer after unlocking it.

Hard Drive details -

Western Digital

My Passport Essential SE (USB 3.0)

1 TB

Some background -

When i brought this new portable hard drive , i’ve created one security password , so each time I need to unlock it before using the actual drive.

A couple of months I was able to unlock it successfully , and happily get the drive shown up under the “my-computer” , and use it without any issues.

Now, 2 days back I am facing one problem with my drive, that is - i’m able to plug-in the drive , and unlock it successfully with correct password.

Here go the actual problem , - after unlocking it successfully I do NOT see my drive under my-computer.

I have lots of important data inside the drive , which i don’t want to lose it.

I’m going to attach few screen shots which would make clear about the problem , or might help few things.

Screen shot 1 : Removable media shown when I plug the hard drive.

Screen shot 2 : Device Manager

Screen Shot 3 : Disk Management before connecting the hard drive.

Screen shot 4 : Disk Management after connecting the hard drive.

Screen shot 5 ; When i right-click

Please help with this issue , and let me know if you need any more information from me.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks

Kiran

Hello,

Unfortunately, you will need to allocated the drive in order to make the unit fully operational again. Keep in mind your data will be lost after you complete this process.

You could try a data recovery company or a software in order to recover your data before you allocate the drive.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you give some link to download free data recovery software ?

Thanks.

Recuva is a free one http://www.piriform.com/recuva EaseUS and other companies have try and buy software that let you recover a small amount for a test. You can try TestDisk http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk and see if it can repair it. You can burn a Linux Live CD and boot from that and see if you can access yout data that way and copy it odd.

Joe

Thanks

Actually I need to recover 1TB of data from my hard drive.

Please help me.