WD -- Please fix the Component bug present since 3.01.19!

Ever since 3.01.19, there has been a bug with Component video. Rebooting or putting the Hub on standby causes Component video to switch off, requiring me to use composite cables to change the setting back. This makes the Hub unusable for anyone who uses Component video. Reverting to 3.00.28 firmware has fixed the issue. 

The status of this bug has been ‘investigating’ for a while. As far as I know, 3.03.13 has not fixed the issue.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideapage/blog-id/Issues_LiveHub/article-id/627/

Please fix this issue in the next firmware so that those who have component can enjoy new features and bug fixes and not have to be stuck on an old firmware.

Just memorizing the button sequence is easier than swapping cables

Sigh, I can recite my settings in my sleep - setup, ok, ok, down, ok, down, ok right, ok

1 Like

bump…

I wonder if anyone from WD actually reads these forums. I doubt I’ll buy another WD product after this. Seems like WD is great with hardware but terrible with software

mzaur wrote:

Ever since 3.01.19, there has been a bug with Component video. Rebooting or putting the Hub on standby causes Component video to switch off, requiring me to use composite cables to change the setting back. This makes the Hub unusable for anyone who uses Component video. Reverting to 3.00.28 firmware has fixed the issue. 

Weird. My unit is in a home theater with projector. When I’m playing with themes, I don’ t like to keep turning the whole thing on and off, so I hooked up a TV via component cables and view the hub through that. The unit is set to HDMI for the projector, yet I can still see everything via the component cables. Am I missing something with your problem? I must admit, I’ve never tried them both at the same time, if that would make a difference. 

How odd… I’ve never had this problem, and I’ve always used the component output. I’m using 3.03.13 right now.

I wonder what could be different about our boxes?

I concur. Please fix this issue.

I can confirm that the issue is still present on latest firmware 3.03.16. I change video option to Component, press standby, then when the unit turns back on, the video image is clear for a second but in an instant turns blurry (because it switches to Composite). This requires me to plug in Composite cables and change video channel to switch back to Component.  PLEASE FIX! This is an old bug!

The issue isn’t present in 3.04.17.

Finally!! :smiley:

I spoke too soon. I left my WD on standby overnight… powered it back on… and video settings reverted to composite (they were on component before).