WD Photos renames and changes dates

I have found the WD Photo App to be a huge disappointment and the renaming/redating of files unacceptable but have managed to upload files easily from my iPhone 6 using the MyCloud app, which does allow you to “select all” when choosing the files to upload, contrary to a previous post, and the name and date were preserved as the original.

However, subsequent uploads of the same files resulted in copies of the original files so the select all option would have to be limited to first use only unless none of the files on the device have already been transferred.

This really ends up being an ad-hoc workaround for inadequate functionality of the software, I had used the Amazon Photo app prior to getting the MyCloud and had expected the WD Photo app to be of comparable functionality ie autouploading, name/date preservation, no copies of previously uploaded files… apparently this expectation was unrealistic!!

Had I bought this MyCloud specifically for this purpose, I would be feeling extremely let down. 

1 Like