WD Photos renames and changes dates

Jon.ny wrote:
… I’ve put in a request to have “date taken” as a sortable field in WD Photos - at least that way the files would be in chronological order.

I came here looking for a solution.  I’m loving the My Cloud (which my husband bought on Sunday, so we’re still checking it out) but I want it mainly so I can store pictures so that I always have access to them with my phone when I’m away from home.  I take a lot of photos on my phone and right now I’m storing over 12,000 of them that have been taken over the past 4 years.  I was excited to find that the “WD Photos” app would let me “select all” and upload them and it seems to not duplicate the photos if I have to stop and start over.  The “My Cloud” app makes me choose each one individually…a daunting task with the number of photos I have.  However, the photos show up in the app in random order and they all show the same “Creation Date” when I tap the “i” on the photo.  That makes it impossible for me to find a particular photograph.  I thought a simple solution would be to find a way to make the file date match the “picture taken” date from the EXIF data.  I used free Windows software that did that very thing quickly and simply and I assumed my problem was solved.  But when I opened the the WD Photos app again, it still shows the "Creation Date for all the photos I transferred today as Mar 18, 2014, so I guess Creation Date is NOT the same as the date of the file.  Being able to sort (or to filter) by the date that the photos were taken would make it usable, but as it stands, it’s impossible for me to use the app for transferring photos to the My Cloud drive.  I’ll have to download them to my computer, then transfer them to the drive :grumpycat:

1 Like