WD Photo Only Shows Public

This has happened before but it’s happening again.

WD Photo app (Android) is only seeing the Public folder. But when I log in with the WD My Cloud desktop app (Windows) it can see all the folders I have (outside of the public one)

Makes trying to access my WD MC from my phone a bit… useless and fustrating.

On the device screen (in WD Photos) it shows 747 photos. Click on that shows only Public with 484 photos. So the device knows they are there, but it won’t show me the share.

Hard to make the device a part of my business workflow if i can’t access my images.

Hello,

WD Photos has been designed only to show the “Shared picture” inside the public share.

There is already an idea about this in the Ideas section. You should click on this link and vote it.

http://community.wd.com/t5/Software-Accessory-Ideas/WD-Photos-App-Private-Folder-Access/idi-p/425896

Is the share you want to see set as Public in the Dashboard?

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

HDKnows wrote:

Hello,

WD Photos has been designed only to show the “Shared picture” inside the public share.

Well, it would show me Public at the top (right after you click the drive) and then it would show me the other share I set up.

Now it’s not showing the other share. In fact, I just rebooted it (my MyCloud) before I came to work and now when I click on the WDMyCloud (754 Photos) device image in WDPhotos, it just loops back to start screen again.

*update*
Okay, so I removed the device (listed in WD Photos) and re-added it. That seems to have fixed the issue. I can (for now) access the photos I need.