WD Photo not working "The Operation couldn't be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1200.)"

I have a 3TB WD My Book Live

I have installed WD Photo on my iPhone 5

- on my local wifi, no problem, it works, I can access to all my photos

- on an external wifi network or on 3G/4G connexion, I have the following error: The Operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1200.)

I have found a previous thread on this same problem but it doesn’t have a solution…

It seems that it is a port conflict or a “uPnp” problem, but I don’t really know how to fix this

for information, if it helps:

I am using a Wifi Router Dlink

Mobile WD2Go works in any situation (wifi, 3G, etc.)

many thanks

I’m passing this along to be looked into.

Thank you for your help !

other information that might interest you : I have check, uPnP is enabled on my router…

Just to follow up, we are looking into this. 

Thank you

hoping you’ll have a solution soon

Please

Please update me on the status of this issue

thks

Where is the solutions ?

Thank

Where is the solution?2 month passed!!

Sorry, guys.  I just happened onto this again.  I’m looking into it. 

arthurxxy wrote:
Where is the solution?2 month passed!!

From what I’ve seen, it appears that support has been working with the OP to rectify the issue.  Are you asking because you’re having the same issue?  If so, it might be a good idea to contact support and let them work with you also.

[edit]

I’m also being told that we’re trying to contact those of you in this thread in order to get more information.  Please check your private messages.

I have my Wd photos without solution, the wd support  cant resolve the problem.

That version Wd Photos no read nothing folder in Wd Tv live Hub , work  better only for upload photos BUT no possible read the photos in Device WDTVLIVEHUB.

Read the photos alos in My book live but no in WDTVLIVE HUB…why ? in old version was possible!

WHEN NEW VERSION WD PHOTOS ?

I have the same problem as artalldup. It seems to be IOS specific as WD Photos on Android does not have this issue for me.

Is there any resolution to this?

alanlight wrote:
I have the same problem as artalldup. It seems to be IOS specific as WD Photos on Android does not have this issue for me.

Is there any resolution to this?

There are people over here that using WD Photos fine with iOS 5.1.1.  If you’re getting the same error as the original poster, then here are some things you might try. 

1. Make sure that you’re firewall isn’t blocking WD Photos.
  2. Make sure that something else isn’t sharing the same port as WD Photos.  The My Book Live should be able to tell you through the dashboard whether you’re getting access to the internet.
  3. Make sure you’re not using an older version of WD Photos.
  4. Finally, are you using this with the My Book Live?  If so, then you can regenerate the code.  To do this, you will need to 1) Delete the drive connection from the MBL dashboard (settings>>remote access>>mobile access, 2) Delete the phone listing from the MBL dashboard, and 3) Regenerate the code for the phone.

1 or 2 cannot be the problem as the android app works fine.
I’m using the most recent version in the app store, so 3 is not the issue either.

Then, I would do number 4 and see if that takes care of it. 

Number 4 did not fix the issue either.
Just to reierate: It works fine on my Android device and it works fine on my iPad as long as I’m on the home network with the MyBookLive.

The probelm is that I get the error with the iPad whenever I’m on ANY network outside my home.

What do I do now?

Thanks.