WD Photo is not showing many pictures how long should it take?

I have loaded my pictures to my new 2TB MyBook Live 3days ago after it  updated Firmware to latest level.

Twonky shows 32139 pictures arranged in directory with 6 top level folders and total of 541 sub folders, there are approx 6000 NEF files as well as the 32000 JPEG’s (I know they will not display ).

Almost immediately i could see 3 of these folders with about 2000 pictures

1 day later 5 folders and about 7000 pictures

2 full days later and nothing else shows up !

The Green LED is flashing regularly at about .5sec intervals

Questions 

1. Can I see if the Crawler is still running ?

2. Should it add pictures gradualy or only in batches or when it has completed a  folder or … ?

3. Approx how long must I wait - or has this proces frozen ?

4. If it has stopped how can I re-start it (without going back to beginning) ?

5. I saw mention of stopping remote access and twonky to let this run fater, would this work ? 

6. Someone mentioned Zero-Byte sized jpegs mess things up, is this still true ? 

7. will the presence of my NEF files mess things up ?

Many Thanks for any assistance, I was excited about the capabilities of this device … but as is so often the case it was short-lived !

The first thing I would try is rebooting the NAS to see if it picks back up the scan

mmuggeri wrote:

I have loaded my pictures to my new 2TB MyBook Live 3days ago after it  updated Firmware to latest level.

Twonky shows 32139 pictures arranged in directory with 6 top level folders and total of 541 sub folders, there are approx 6000 NEF files as well as the 32000 JPEG’s (I know they will not display ).

Math isn’t working for me.  6000 NEF + 32000 JPEGs = 38000 files.  :)

It might be that the NEFs are crashing the transcoder.  If a reboot doesn’t solve it, try moving the NEFs out of the Public / Shared Pictures folders to somewhere else and then reboot again.

If that still doesn’t work, login to the MBL UI and do the “Rebuild WD 2go Server” function under Settings / Remote Access / Advanced.  That will delete the entire WD Photos database and start from scratch.

Thanks for the help, the reboot has freed it up and its steadily adding pictures, it has done 4713 in approx 8 hrs.

So after another 10 Hrs arround 5000 pictures, can anyone comment is 500 pictures added per hour about the expected speed ? 

All are 12 or 16Mpixel jpegs.