WD passport studio can't mount on mac

Hi i have Passport studio i was trying to update the firmware, but after i was failed updating i found out that it was not mounted anymore. But when i re-try to update it the firmware updater still detected my drive.

Hello,

If the drive is not seen on your desktop you should try some basic troubleshooting:

1- Disconnect the drive from the computer and restart the computer.

2- Please try connecting the drive to the back USB port of a desktop computer for testing purposes (directly to the computer, not through a USB hub).

3- Go to "Disk Utility” to verify if the drive shows up there. 

If the drive shows up in Disk Utility but it is not seen on your desktop, then it means the partition is corrupted and you will have to format it in order to use it again. Please note that formatting the drive will delete all data stored on it

“If the drive shows up in Disk Utility but it is not seen on your desktop, then it means the partition is corrupte and you will have to format it in order to use it again. Please note that formatting the drive will delete all data stored on it”

This should be correct - but - my WD My Passport 1TB drive on my MacBook Pro shows up in Disk Utility but refuses to mount. When I plug it into my sons PC, it mounts perfectly fine and works without issues.

In an ideal world, I’d roll back my OSX to a previous version, but I need to backup my files to the external HDD! 

Hi thanks for the reply,

1. I already try to restarted the pc but it still not mounted.

2. I connect the hard drive directly to the mac mini, it works fine. It seem the problem was the SATA adaptor of the casing. It there is a way to fix that?

3. I reconnect again the hard drive to the case and connect to pc or mac it was not mounted. I also checked in disk utility on OSX it was not mounted.