I recently found my older WD Passport 0748 1TB. I know there’s nothing on it that I need so I’m just trying to erase it all. Heres all the info I got;
- It doesn’t show up in Disk Utility or Finder
- I’ve tried three different USB cables, tried both my usb ports
- Its says it’s locked when I try and load a new driver, I don’t know the password
- It shows up in WD Drive Utilities which it where I’m trying to erase it
- I’m using High Sierra
- The drive is blinking, no solid light
- Nothing happens when I press any of the diagnose buttons in WD Drive Utilities
- When I start erasing, the bar gets to around 55% and then just stops moving.
I think that’s everything. Anyone ever run into this issue? Know how to fix it? For anyone that has erased it how long does it take? It went 0-55% in 20 seconds and now it hasn’t moved in over an hour.
Any help will me greatly appreciated, thanks!