Wd passport hd

It’s been  that my external hard drive could not be detected in my laptop. the light still lights up when i connect it via USB cable but nothing appears on the computer. I also tried connecting it to different computers and cable and it is still not recognized… I also check it on disk management and it is still not visible. is my hard drive damaged? is there a chance I could retrieve all my files?

I think you have a defective drive, if the unit is under warranty contact WD for replacement.

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE ...... WHERE YOU ABLE TO FIND AWAY TO RETRIEVE THE FILES OFF OF THE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ???

I have the same problem - the light still lights up but the computer - tried 2 different computers plus a different USB connector - but cannot get to data.  If I go to device manager it appears under disk drives.  Were you able to get any help?  Took mine to Best Buy & they want $250 to get the data off it - Yikes!!

I have same problem with my Passport - were you able to get help with retrieving data?

I have the same problem with my passport - tried 2 computers & a different USB connector - still won’t recognize data eventhough the light is on.  If I go to Device Manager it lists my Passport & I’m able to disable/enable it.  Also tried updaating the driver.  Do you think if I uninstall the driver & reinstall it might help??  Just grasping - My biggest problem is loosing the data on it.  Best Buy wants $250 to retrieve the data. 

diannegriffin wrote:

I have the same problem with my passport - tried 2 computers & a different USB connector - still won’t recognize data eventhough the light is on.  If I go to Device Manager it lists my Passport & I’m able to disable/enable it.  Also tried updaating the driver.  Do you think if I uninstall the driver & reinstall it might help??  Just grasping - My biggest problem is loosing the data on it.  Best Buy wants $250 to retrieve the data. 

did you check disk management?  if it shows up there, you may have some disk corruption.  get a partition recovery software like test disk and see if it will restore the partition.