WD Passport full to the brim with Outlook .pst files (in WD SmartWare.swstor)

I have done something very wrong.

The SmartWare backup has completely filled my 1Tbyte Passport, with the biggest chunk being 770 GB under Outlook Files. That’s GIGA bytes. The corresponding Outlook files (live, not SmartWare backup) amounts to 204 MEGA bytes.

The Smartware Outlook folder contains .PST (Outlook mail box) backups done about every  minute, apparently up until the Passport filled up, which must have been 3 days ago.

1 - how do I get rid of the 17,678 unnecessary Outlook backup files on the Passport?

2 - what setting do I use to ensure that Outlook is not backed up? (It has its own automatic archiving function).

Thanks for any help,

Dave

I have done something very wrong.

The SmartWare backup has completely filled my 1Tbyte Passport, with the biggest chunk being 770 GB under Outlook Files. That’s GIGA bytes. The corresponding Outlook files (live, not SmartWare backup) amounts to 204 MEGA bytes.

The Smartware Outlook folder contains .PST (Outlook mail box) backups done about every  minute, apparently up until the Passport filled up, which must have been 3 days ago.

1 - how do I get rid of the 17,678 unnecessary Outlook backup files on the Passport?

2 - what setting do I use to ensure that Outlook is not backed up? (It has its own automatic archiving function).

Thanks for any help,

Dave

go to smartware, then backup, then click on advanced view (its in the middle, top- click the arrow) it should give you checkboxes.

hope this helps! have fun!

1 Like

Thanks.

Any idea why the backup program would save every Outlook email box nearly every minute?