Hi every one,
I am facing a problem since last month and would like your help. I have 500 GB WD passprot essential which was working very fine since 1 and half year. I partitioned it as follows:
made 2 partitions on NTFS (of 210GB apx each), & 1 on FAT32 (around 25GB) and used wdsmartware to lock the drive. Almost 98% of the space was filled with movies and other stuff. Now when I am insetring usb cable in PC/Laptop on any ports, (win7x64, winxpsp3x32), following problem is I am facing:
1. Shows the WD Unlock-er virtual CD drive
2. I can unlock the drive with my correct password.
3. After unlocking, The system show me 2 partitions instead of 3. I can even see the contents of root partitions.
4. if I right click the drive / content or even do nothing, the explorer.exe process got hang (in all PCs i tried), for a minute, and the connection got reset. I have to again unlock the drive, and the whole process will be repeating.
5. After unlocking, the virtual CD ROM disappears (its normal) so It don’t give me the option of formatting.
6. I even tried to format without unlocking, but the process fail after detecting the passport essential correctly.
7. I even tried firmware up-gradation (in locked / unlocked both states) but its unsuccessful
8. I have tried WD lifeguard diagnostic utility, but its saying too many bad sectors if i tried it in locked state. In UNlocked state, it keeps detecting my drive (still visible 2 partitions in explorer), but failed to detect and during that detection, connection got lost.
9. I am constantly trying to consult WD support by creating RMAs and via email, but they are keep telling me childish things. I am fed up of repeating my problem again and again.
10. I seriously don’t want to format, but if It can help to regain control of drive, I am ready to lose the data.
Screen Shots are as follows:
WHen try to format, I am facing this:
So any solution guys>>???
Please help and reply. What about Ubuntu Linux???