WD Passport Drive not being recognized but making noise as if it is and powering up with light on

WD Passport Drive not being recognized but making noise as if it is and powering up with light on essentially, tried all the generic stuff ive seen elsewhere but majority doesn’t work as I cant select a drive in the first place to recover, disk manager doesn’t show it up, device management has Unknown USB Drive (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

It also comes up that its malfunctioned when plugged in, and it obviously recognises somethings been put into the computer as the descriptor error shows up when its pluged in and disappears when taken out.

Was in process of moving things over to a smaller drive, most stuff it moved also is missing pictures as if incomplete. Have so much work on the drive ive accumulated through my initial teacher training and will go bonkers if this is officially it all gone. Any helps appreciated!

I would try a different USB Cable and try plugging it into a Different PC and see if the same thing happens.

they should teach “always keep a backup of your data on another hard drive” in teacher training.

Both of them done, several computers and two different cables. If only, mistake won’t be made again.

Hello, I have the same problem. Any solution?

The solution is - don’t buy WD ever again. they are pure ■■■■.