Seems I have the same problem as many people on this forum, after hours of searching on the internet, I hope to get some joy here!
- Running WIndows 7 Pro with all updates.
- Drive is not recognised on either of my two USB ports.
- The ext drive blue light is on flashing.
- The “Safely remove hardware” icon is visible identifying the drive “My Passport 0740”.
- Uninstalled driver in Device Manager and rebooted/reinstalled driver.
- In Computer Management it’s showing “Disk 1 unknown, not initialised”. When trying to initialise with both options, it gives message, “Device could not be initialised because of an i/o device error.”
- I read somewhere else about reassigning drive letters, do I need to do that, if so, how?
- Would recent updates with in Windows 7 have contributed to this?
Thanks for your attention, I have alot of valuable data on here which took me days to back up.