WD Paspport light flashing and not working

my wd passport before 2 months works normally but today i connect it to my laptop my system is 8.1 64bit and the light still flashing and not open like cdrom to unlock the security system for my hard disk i have over 300gb data inside it and that’s making me crazy please someone help me

thanks

Hello,

I recommend you try some basic troubleshooting:

1- Disconnect the drive from the computer and restart the computer.

2- If the computer is a desktop, connect it on the back USB port (directly to the PC, not through a hub).

3- Make sure you hear the connection sound windows makes when recognizes a USB device.

4- Go to "Disk Management” to verify if the drive shows up there.

If the drive shows up in disk management but it is not seen on Computer, then it means the partition is corrupted and you will have to format it in order to use it again. Please note that formatting the drive will delete all data stored on it.

Since you have important data that you want to recover you may try using a data recovery software. If this does not work then you can contact a data recovery company to have you data recovered.

thank you for your comment but i can’t format it because i make lock for the hard by WD Security and now not open when i connect it it should open like CDRom to open the Security system then the hard open like partion but i can’t erase the data and i try open the hard from windows 7 - 8 - 10 and from linux but not open