WD NAS Devices No Longer Working Properly Following Recent Update

Following the most recent update, file transfer to my WD NAS devices in Windows 11 is broken.

When I copy or move a file from my computer to a WD MyCloud device, the initial transfer is exceedingly slow - 3 or 4 MB per second. If I pause and then resume - the progress bar leaps way forward and the transfer rate is very high. It then slows down to a crawl. Eventually the transfer seems to complete but the transfer dialog box refuses to close. It won’t close even if I cancel the transfer. It’s so bad that Windows 11 is hung and won’t even reboot unless I disconnect power.

I have a very fast 100 MB local connection - and in spite of this - every time I transfer a file to my NAS, it’s gated at 3 or 4 MB/sec - until I hit pause - and then resume and it leaps forward - only to slow again just short of transfer. If I hit pause a second time - the entire process hangs so badly that I cannot even reboot my computer without powering it down.

Edit - this same thing happens when I try to delete a file.

I hit delete on a NAS file - and then Windows 11 brings up the calculating dialog - and it hangs there - forever, or other strange behavior occurs.

NAS is completely unreliable.

Hi @hankinsohl,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask