WD N900, Can I reserve ip address of selected devices?

I have 2 computers whose ip address I would like to reserve on my network.  Is it possible with the N900 router?

Yes, you can setup the manual IP for every device if you want.

Thanks, I was not clear that manual also meant reserved.

It isn’t clear that manually adding a device by entering the IP will exclude that IP address from being assigned via DHCP, which will cause a conflict.  I’d recommend changing the DHCP range of the assigned addresses to avoid such a potential conflict, unless a WD person can say definitely that ‘manually adding’ is in fact the same as IP reservation.

Yes you can manually add a device, and that will reserve that IP address.  I put a picture below to show you where in the router UI.

[edit]

I forgot to add, you must input the IP Address, MAC Address, and the Device Name.  Then click on the Add/Update button.  That device will show up at the bottom as a manually added device.

[edit]

You can also find this information in our Knowledge Base.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9498

That is good to know.

However, perhaps you could feedback to WD to make their DHCP reservation system a little more intuitive and easier to use.  The DHCP client table should have a button to simply select a currently assigned device and reserve that assigned address for the device.