Wd mycloud

hi when my friend trying download family vidios of my server it keeps freezing there side i need help urgently thanks

snoopydog wrote:

hi when my friend trying download family vidios of my server it keeps freezing there side i need help urgently thanks

What method is he using to download videos?

they are using through the broser

Do you mean via www.wd2go.com (mycloud.com)?

If so, the “freezing” is “normal,” for Windows at least…

Windows has a weird behavior with WebDAV connected network shares (which is what WD 2go uses.)

It will sit there saying “Not Responding” even though data is happily transferring in the background.

It will continue to say that until the transfer is complete.

no it freezes then they all have reboot there pc they only have this problem when there  try get family vidios thanks

haha

snoopydog wrote:

no it freezes then they all have reboot there pc they only have this problem when there  try get family vidios thanks

Well, if the PC itself is freezing, there’s not much that can be done with the Cloud to fix that…  The PC is doing its own thing.   

Once the connection is made to the My Cloud share, there’s no WD software involved at that point – it’s all Microsoft.

its not my pc other people trying take things off my server

snoopydog wrote:

its not my pc other people trying take things off my server

Yeah, I understand that…  I’m just saying that if the entire PC is frozen, the issue is the PC because WD software is not involved once the connection is made.

But if it’s just the Explorer process (the file browser) that hangs, that’s the way Windows does it – and they just have to wait it out until the transfer is completed.

i spoken family they saying they cant items  my server because it frezers on then when right click on items they said go around in blue circle thanks