WD MyCloud unbelievably slow

I have a 4TB WD MyCloud connecting directly to my router. I’m using it to store my digital movie files to access via Plex. I find that accessing the drive to add or remove files is incredibly slow. Accessing the top level folder it will take 30 seconds to a minute for the files to show up. Accessing a nested folder results in another 30 seconds to a minute…sometimes even longer to see what files are there.

I’m trying to understand why it would take so long to navigate a simple menu system.

I’ve seen older topics regarding read/write speeds being slow for various reasons but most of those threads are years old.

I’m using a Mac mostly and wondering if others are having this issue or have had this issue.

Wondering if anyone knows what’s going on and how the issue has been solved.

Is the My Cloud connected to a Gigabit router?
Is your Mac also connected using Ethernet wire to that same Gigabit router?
Which device (or what device) is running Plex? The single bay My Cloud units do not officially support running a Plex Media Server. Only the multi bay My Cloud models support the third party Plex add-on module.

Generally using WiFi is slower than using wired Gigabit Ethernet in many cases. Plex itself can also be a cause of slow access if running on a device/computer that is at minimum specs for running Plex.

The My Cloud devices typically have low powered processors and limited RAM.

Amigo Bennor , desde Islas Canarias - Tenerife , lo saludo mi nombre es Raul y queria exponerle un problema , ya que no soy ducho en esta materia , Tengo un My Cloud desde hace 10 Años y lo e abierto para quitarle el disco de wd 3 Tb y lo instale en un time Capsule y esta funcionando y quiero instalar el disco wd 1 Tb que tenia en Time Capsule a My Cloud , pero e hecho de todo y siempre queda luz Roja , queria preguntarle si tengo que formatear disco wd y que formato le doy . Aqui le envio modelo de My Cloud , para que usted me diga que version es gracias P/N: WDBCTL0030HWT-00 - S/N:WMC4N2275368 – R/N : E2C CBDCJA - Agradeceria si puede ayudarme a que funcione otra vez My Cloud , mi email raulcalvi@outlook.com - whasap +34600926049 Raul
-------------------------Friend Bennor, from Canary Islands - Tenerife, I greet you my name is Raul and I wanted to expose you a problem, since I am not skilled in this matter, I have a My Cloud for 10 years and I am open to remove the disc from wd 3 Tb and I installed it in a time Capsule and it is working and I want to install the disk wd 1 Tb that I had in Time Capsule to My Cloud, but I have done everything and there is always Red light, I wanted to ask if I have to format disk wd and what format I give . Here I send you My Cloud model, so you can tell me what version it is thanks P / N: WDBCTL0030HWT-00 - S / N: WMC4N2275368 - R / N: E2C CBDCJA - I would appreciate if you can help me to work again My Cloud , my email raulcalvi@outlook.com - whasap +34600926049 Raul