I got back from vacation a few days ago and was curious if there was any progression on all the MyCloud issues.
Happy to see that they released new firmware I thought that I would read about the experience of other users so far. It didn’t take me long to find out that this new firmware does not resolve most or any of the (important) issues, in fact, from reading in several topics is seems to get even worse for many users. As stated before I believe that WD does not know what they are dealing with and does not know how to get this device to work properly. They should seriously consider to take their hand off of products like this and focus on their usual business. Luckily enough mine is still up and running and does what it should do, although I only use is as basic as possible like video streaming. I do not trust it enough to put critical data on it though. So mine does the job at this point but I still feel angry and disappointed that so many fellow users have so many issues, I could have been one of them just as easily !!
Anyway, after reading a lot of topics there is only one thing left to do for me, I suggest to each and everyone of you:
If it works as expected and you are happy with your device, do not touch it, upgrade it or whatsoever, just let it do it’s job if it is stable. Do not hang around here to much because it might encourage you to do an upgrade after all and as you might have read it only made it worse for many other users So only get to this forum if you are starting to experience serious issues with your device.
If it doesn’t work as expected and you still have the option to return it, seriously consider to do so and get a different brand, do not wait it out and expect WD to resolve it, that is the mistake I made besides getting this product in the first place. My gut feeling tells me they won’t resolve it and by now I trust that feeling more than I trust WD.
If it doesn’t work as expected and you do not have the option to return it then store it in the attic and get a different brand. Go back to this forum in about 6 month (if your gut feeling tells you that they will resolve it eventually) and see if they have been able to resolve the issues. If not, go back again half a year later if you still expect them to resolve it. In the meantime just let it sit there in the attic and give your heart and mind some peace for a while, trust me, you’ll feel much better.
Sorry guys, that is how I look at it at this point. Sell it or store it, work some extra hours and use that money to get yourself a better one from a different brand, it will be less stressful.
Best regards and good luck to ya’ll,