WD mycloud Offline --> SMART problem have you the problem?

i really surprise about we have a lot of connection problem and disk error in same time … perhaps a firmware bug ? have you got disk problem juste after offline problem ?

My WD hard drive present the same problem since 1 october and i confirm that hard drive have a problem , some SMART problem i try to extract my data …

Thanks

I agree with you, and my mycloud is offline since the 1st of October like many others.
The latest firmware update fixed a bug due to the expiry of security certificates. I was not worrying as this would affect devices that are more than ten years old. I bought mine three years ago.
So Those who did not manage to have a firmware update on time, and there are many as I observe, the device cannot connect to the internet, and so it will not being able to update to the latest firmware.

This scenario should be covered by a firmware release and the only option would be to update the firmware using an USB stick. Now does WD provide the possibility to update via USB??? Otherwise I’m afraid that hundreds of people will end with a device that cannot be used anymore.

Also I do not really appreciate the silence of WD, apparently they do not really care about their customers.

3 Likes

It just happened to my device just now; its about 3 years old as well! Is there a fix to this?

Greetings,

We have reached out to you via direct message, so we request you kindly check and reply to your DMs so that we can assist you further.

Same happend to me too. I checked the debug_logs and it is crystal clear written in there.
To be honest this is my 4th or 5th private WD HDD issue and when i worked for a group we had over 20 WD SSDs in use, which didnt last a year. Not a single one.

This is for sure the last WD device i bought in my life, and i had many

Greetings,

We have reached out to you via direct message, so we request you kindly check and reply to your DMs so that we can assist you further.