WD MyCloud is showing London pictures as Alaska!

I have the WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra. When I upload pictures to MyCloud from my Apple iCloud it is correctly showing where they are in the world - however all my hundreds of photos taken around London are all being shown as a place called Metlakatla, (which seems to be in Alaska)!
I think there is a fault in your GPS lookup database. On iPhone and anywhere else they show correctly as different places around London.
Please can you correct.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Bastion,

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

I have this same issue. All photos taking on iOS devices and backed up in mycloud are labelled with ‘Metlakatla, Alaska’ !?!

This is the label thats shown below the date/time at the top of an image.

When i actually click into the image info, it displays the correct map location !?! So not sure where mycloud is pulling this other data from?

@Bastion did you manage to resolve?

1 Like

No!
They seem to have ignored it.
Got the usual delaying tactic of asking me to check if all my pictures are actually in London and not Alaska.
Frankly insulting!
I’m expecting this easily fixed basic config error on their system to be ignored though.
So sad.

1 Like

I have the same problem and already reported months ago. Nothing changed so far.