WD MyCloud Gen2 - Enable apps install tab + Apps!

Uncaught ReferenceError: check_app_eula is not defined at <anonymous>:1:38
help

can please someone post Plex server 1.14.1.5488 bin
thank you

I had the same issue and follow 4M4rU post (if you scroll up from your post long enough you will see it).
Here are the steps I used (I started with MyCloud 8GB with firmware 2.31.149) :

1. Downgrade firmware to My_Cloud_GLCR_2.21.126.bin (wait for it to restart then log back into the server)
  2. in Chrome use F12 then select the terminal Tab and enter:
    APP_INSTALL_FUNCTION=1; APPS_EULA=1; check_app_eula();
  3. Change to the app tab in the browser and the “+” sign should now allow you to add app. and click “Agree”
  4. install the WD hack app
  5. install any other app either bin (manually) or using the market
  6. Once installed, update back to firmware My_Cloud_GLCR_2.31.149.bin (which is the latest at the time I post)
  7. wait for the server to restart then if need to add additional apps use step 2 again. (no need to downgrade firmware again)

Again, this is thanks to 4M4rU

cheers,

Hi all, this thread has been great - it really makes the WDMyCloud single bay much more like a home server! Does anyone have an updated version of nzbget though? I’m currently using WDMyCloud_nzbget_1.23.bin but it crashes pretty regularly. I’m hoping a newer version will be more stable. If not, does anyone know how to set up a keepalive script or something that I can run (even if it’s via ssh) so that nzbget will be restarted automatically whenever it crashes?

The latest nzbget is available at https://wdcommunity.com

I’m looking for testers for Duplicati: free backup software to store backups online with strong encryption. Works with FTP, SSH, WebDAV, OneDrive, Amazon S3, Google Drive and many others.

Please download from the link above and let me know if it installs properly.

Thanks Tfl, I didn’t know about that site before, but unfortunately the nzbget there didn’t work for me. I uninstalled my nzbget_1.23 from the WDMyCloud, then installed https://github.com/WDCommunity/wdpksrc/releases/download/nzbget-v2.08/WDMyCloud_nzbget_2.08.bin from the wdcommunity site, and the app said it installed successfully on the WDMyCloud dashboard but when I clicked the Configure button the nzbget service did not load. I SSH’d into the MyCloud and there were no binaries in the Nas_Prog/nzbget directory - just some build.sh and other script files. So I uninstalled nzbget_2.08 from the WDMyCloud dashboard and reinstalled nzbget_1.23 from the original fox-exe.ru site, bringing me back up and running with the older version. Then, I downloaded https://github.com/nzbget/nzbget/releases/download/v20.0/nzbget-20.0-bin-linux.run from NZBGet’s main site, copied it to my MyCloud, and ran it via SSH in the Nas_Prog directory. I had to do some symbolic linking to point the bin and config directories back to the nzbget main directory, due to differences in the way the paths were set up in the 1.23 version and 20.0 version, but once I did that then everything is up and running with NZBGet 20.0 running on my MyCloud.

By the way, I don’t understand why the version numbers are so different on the MyCloud binary sites (like fox-exe.ru and wdcommunity.com) vs. the actual NZBGet version numbers. For example, according to the main NZBGet site, there is no version 1.23 or 2.08. So I don’t know why the versions hacked for the MyCloud are versioned as WDMyCloud_nzbget_1.23 or WDMyCloud_nzbget_2.08 etc. In any case, I’m up and running now. Version 20.0 is way more stable than whatever version was in WDMyCloud_nzbget_1.23 and it hasn’t crashed at all in several days of heavy use.

Thanks @Identifier for your extensive report. The nzbget website now redirects to HTTPS, which is poorly handled by the My Cloud OS (using --no-check-certificate all over the place).
The installer now downloads CA certs properly when they are missing.

The annoying version numbers: I simply provide an installer that fetches the latest nzbget release. That installer is now versioned with 2.09. As soon as NZBGet v21 stable comes out, my installer will automatically use that one.
But yeah, I should start pinning versions.

WDMyCloud_nzbget_1.23
1.23 - is a package version, not ZNBget.

If you want to share your verion to others - please, compress the NAS_Progs/nzbget folder and sent it to me. I make a .bin file and upload to my website.

THANK OU FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I try enable dashboard acces but i can’t find the line dashboard access in the console

You have a tips or a movie?

thank you

I’ve uploaded the latest Plex Pass version here:

And updated the link for downloading mkapkg.

Thx !

Just in case someone isn’t tired of newbie follow-ups on this …
I have a gen 2. Current firmware (2.31.163). Trying to install plex
I’m past the EULA problem (I think)
WDCrack is listed under Installed Apps and I have the “Install an app manually” link
WDMyCloud_plexmediaserver_11415488.bin uploads, but when it finishes updating it says “Completed - Deleted module successfully” and plex is not installed that I can see, after refreshing. Might have said something different the first time.

I’ve tried downgrading firmware as suggested elsewhere, reinstalling WD-Crack but same result.

I’ve tried to read this whole post but think I’ve missed something.
Early on someone referenced a tutorial including using ssh to replace /usr/local/model/web/pages/function/define.js with a symlink to a cracked version. I can’t find the original post for these instructions, there is no define.js in my Public share, and I can’t see where to download it.
This probably isn’t the whole problem but it makes me think I’ve missed an important post or link.

I’m happy using ssh-ing into the MyCloud and know some linux basics.

If I’ve missed the answer in this post I apologise.

thank you so much!

Dentro de my cloud en configuracion, apartado general, Acceso a la nube,
En google chrome posiciona el raton en “Disponibilidad de contenido USB” pulsa boton derecho del raton y ve a “inspeccionar” dentro del codigo fuente un poco mas abajo encontraras “dashboard_access_tr” style=“display none” borra display none y pulsa intro

y se desbloqueara el acceso al panel de control desde el exterior:

Updated to latest Plex Pass version

My spksrc port with a mksapkg replacement now works.
I’m looking for testers for the Emby media server package: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70731-mono-version-of-emby-server/
You need to install the mono and ffmpeg packages first.

I can’t get it to work either. Are we the only two? I also noticed after entering “javascript:APP_INSTALL_FUNCTION=1; APPS_EULA=1; check_app_eula()” in console tab the response is “undefined” is that correct response?

haber si alguien me puede ayudar a compilar una aplicación.

Haber if someone can help me compile an application.

I’ve the same problem on both the 2.31.XXX firmwares… it seems that they have “fixed” the vulnerability that allows to install apps.

I haven’t tried downgrading to 2.30.196, which should allow to install apps. have you?