WD MyCloud Gen2 - Enable apps install tab + Apps!

Shutting down and turning on solved it ( restart caused it )

When I run QuikFynd, I’m getting Establishing Connection to QuikFynd on your Nas message at the configure screen and it gets stuck.

I tried to run QuikFynd manually through SSH I get an error message:

./start.sh: cd: line 11: can't cd to bin

Is there a problem with packaging?

Just found this thread, because I was looking for a way to get Plex on my MyCloud 2.Gen.

But just from the First Post I don’t seem to get how to install a app on my MyCloud. Where to I have to put the *.bin files from the download? Do I need a general file first? Just running the command stated doesn’t do anything of course?

I already accessed my NAS with SSH to turn some options off, so I would know how to do this but what are all the steps to get Plex on the MyCloud?

Plex is updated. Link above.

Thx!

Hey Fox_exe and the rest of you guys.

i am a complete noob with this. when i run the command in the console it brings up the EULA, but when i click Accept it does nothing. what am i doing wrong. your assistance will be greatly appreciated. All i want to do is install Plex Media Server on my device, but i am stuck right at the beginning… LOL

Hey LamPiR,

Can you maybe help me to get this Plex Installed on my device please.

Nevermind… LOL… way up in the comments i found the trick, but now i am getting uncaught errors

@Fox_exe @LaMpiR Thank you so much for everything! But I can’t see any apps in my app store. I have to install it manually. I know they the shows the apps “apps_xml_gen.php” but how do I install it on my WDMC?

You have to open the console again so F12 for chrome or [ctrl] + [shift] + [i]. Then you type this in the console “APPS_EULA=1; check_app_eula();” and know you have accepted the EULA. Goodluck!

FYI, you can run mksapkg on a 64 bit machine as well… all you need is this:

apt-get install libxml2:i386

Hi @Zeikos, solutions for firmware 2.30.193?
The problem is the same: accept EULA.

Thanks

2 methods available: https://fox-exe.ru/WDMyCloud/WDMyCloud-Gen2/Apps/_howto.txt

@Fox_exe Hello, I have a question about WDsleepfix app.
I have installed this app on the device I wonder it works or not.
how it works on the device ? I got WDMC(gen2)

@Fox_exe these methods don’t work unfortunately. Please help me!

For those who are trying to build latest versions on WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux), here’s the link:

https://github.com/Microsoft/WSL/issues/2468#issuecomment-374904520

Here’s the latest version of Plex (already built)
WDMyCloud_plexmediaserver_11325154

2 Likes

My mirror gen2 keeps asking me to upgrade the firmware to the latest version released.

Will the chroot survive after upgrade?

I have some files in the chroot app folder and i have used the fake scheduled activities to launch custom commands in init.d

Hi everyone !
Hope the topic isn’t dead. I have a My cloud (gen 1 or 2, guess 1). Is it still possible do install apps ?

Thanks

You need to know if you have a gen 1 (v4.x firmware) or gen 2 (v2.x firmware). Generally the apps for the gen 2 will not work on the gen 1.

A quien le pueda interesar.
Le doy las gracias a @Fox_exe por su contribución me ha servido de muchisimo y puedo instalar todas sus aplicaciones sin ningun problema funcionando todo ok fecha 28/06/2018
firmware version 2.30.193

To whom it May concern.
I thank @Fox_exe for their contribution, it has helped me a lot and I can install all their applications without any problem working all ok date 06/28/2018
firmware version 2.30.193

Yo tambien quiero aportar que se puede desocultar muchas funcionalidades atraves de css eliminando “display none” del codigo fuente, es un truco malo pero funciona bien.
lo hago atraves de inspeccionar codigo fuente de google chrome.

Se pueden crear grupos de usuarios donde antes no se podia!!!.

I also want to contribute that you can uncover many features through css eliminating “display none” of the source code, it’s a bad trick but it works well.
I do it by inspecting Google Chrome source code.

You can create user groups where before you could not!

Grupos de usuarios.

User groups.

Se puede des ocultar y habilitar el acceso a panel de control desde el exterior.

You can hide and enable access to the control panel from the outside.

Acceso a panel de control desde el exterior.

Access to control panel from the outside.

Se puede habilitar DDNS dinamico.
Se puede habilitar servidor Webdav.
NO CAMBIAR PUERTA DE ENLACE PREDETERMINADA O VELOCIDAD DE ENLACE
SE QUEDA SIN RED!!! Y HAY QUE RESETEAR!!!

Dynamic DDNS can be enabled.
Webdav server can be enabled.
DO NOT CHANGE DEFAULT LINK DOOR OR LINK SPEED
IT STAYS WITHOUT NETWORK !!! AND YOU HAVE TO RESET !!!

3 Likes