WD MyCloud Gen2 - Enable apps install tab + Apps!

You CANNOT install the v2.x firmware on a v4.x single bay My Cloud. The 2nd gen v2.x single bay My Cloud has slightly different hardware than the 1st gen v3.x/v4.x single bay My Cloud.

Because you traversed up the hierarchy of the fox_exe’s repository, into the Gen1 area; that’s not part of this app installation hack. Fox_exe has also done development work on the Gen1 devices. And the EX family.

I succeded in apllying the steps including refreshing my cloud… The “Install an app manually” button appears but I am stucked at the Acceptance form when I click on it. The acceptance form is opening and the Accept button doesn’t respond in any way on click… Do you thnik you can help me with a solution for this, so that I can reach on installing PhpMyAdmin app?! Thanks in advance for your time!
PS: “Or maybe there is another way to install the phpmyadmin app directly from define.js file by modifying it in some way”

Hi chrradu,

You can run the following on browser console to bypass the License acceptance form.

APPS_EULA=1; check_app_eula();

Click on the Install link again to select the file.

Thanks for your answer… I managed to pass through this step too… The only problem I have now is that I can’t configure the MySql server with my admin user from the WD My CLoud: #1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server. Any idea how to solve this one too?!

Take a look at the following post

https://community.wd.com/t/setting-up-sql-db-how-to-get-phpmyadmin-working/97754

Hello, someone have an update for Milestone Arcus Surveillance App? the version in the repos (2.5325088) wil not allow (anymore) to get free licenses redirecting to this info page

http://shop.wdc.com/store/wdus/html/pbPage.MilestoneSoftware_OldVersionPage/ThemeID.40263900?id=milestone&sid=

that basically ask to update the app

Hi Fox, how you doing?

How do you get updated versions for the media server? I tried several times to update using the file downloaded for the website, but I found an error every time. Its`s just possible with your files, how do you get those files?

You modify the original files? Can you teach me how to do this?

Thank you in advance!

How can we get to install the new version of plex ? I download manually the : WDMyCloudMirrorGen2_plexmediaserver_1924285-9f65b88ae
But it can’t install it !
Any ideas ?

Need Debian or Ubuntu (Use LiveCD/USB for example)
Download this tool or get it from WD Sources.
Download Plex for WDMC Mirror (Or any other WDMC model)
Unpack in one folder and repack package for WDMC G2:

dd if=WDMyCloudMirror_plexmediaserver_1924285-9f65b88ae.bin of plex.tar.gz bs=200 skip=1 tar xvf plex.tar.gz cd plex ../mkapkg-x32 -E -s -m WDMyCloud

3 Likes

I don’t have any of those could someone send a link for the latest update of plex please ?

Thanks !!
@Fox_Exe YOU ROCK !!!

Hi Fox!!

When I try to run the last line I’m getting the error:

bash: /mkapkg: No such file or directory

What can be wrong?

I’m running a virtual machine with Ubuntu in the MacOS X High Sierra

Thank you!

Did you follow this step (see fox’s post for the link to mkapkg)?

Did you run ../mkapkg or ../mkapkg-x32 ?

Now I’m getting this:

parallels@ubuntu:/media/psf/Dropbox/Atualizar PLEX/plexmediaserver$ …/mkapkg-x32.dms WDMyCloud
ERROR: model_name not specify

Usage: mksapkg -E -s -m [model_name]

Supported model_name:
WDMyCloudEX4
WDMyCloudEX2
WDMyCloudMirror
WDMyCloud
WDMyCloudEX4100
WDMyCloudDL4100
WDMyCloudEX2100
WDMyCloudDL2100
WDMyCloudMirrorGen2
I’m not familiar with Ubuntu, maybe it’s a simple thing, I don’t know. How can I fix this? Thank you!

Can someone send the link of the latest plex version once he succeed those steps please ? :slight_smile:

What is that .dms doing there?

That’s not in the example fox supplied.

Why not cut & paste from fox’s post?

up ?

Don’t have any of what?

Debian or Ubuntu?

You can download a Ubuntu LiveCD and run it on your PC, from CD or USB. Provided you set your BIOS to boot from CD or USB.

This is a simple way to make your PC be a linux box, without having to install Linux or a dual boot system. Your windows install remains unaffected, and will work normally when you remove the LiveCD and reboot.

You can get LiveCD for Mac, too.

Well I have a mac and I never used either Debian or Ubuntu… That would be amazing if any of you could upload the new version of Plex :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s time for you to learn…

I don’t have a gen2, and no need for Plex, so, no, I’m not building anything for you.