WD Mycloud format drive time and options

Hello all,

I recently purchased WDMycloud (single bay) - 6TB and after configuration, i formatted the drive using steps (Error) .
At present I am not able to view the status of the format and I don’t know how long this will take.
Can I reset the drive or power off and if will this Brick or corrupt the hard-drive.
AB

It’s safest to leave the format alone if the blue bar isn’t showing, more than likely resetting the unit ‘probably’ won’t have any effect , but it MAY cause damage, you’d still need to reformat from scratch anyway to get it working even if no damage occurred, meaning you’d be back where you started again.

You might want to ask your question on the multi-bay MyCloud forums; my first question was ‘why did you format a new MyCloud?’. But I see you have followed multi-bay instructions, so I’m assuming you have a multi-bay device.

This is the single-bay forum.

Which My Cloud model did you purchase? The single bay My Cloud models (first gen v4.x and second gen v2.x) DO NOT have an option to “format” the internal hard drive.

Generally it is the multi bay My Cloud models that support formatting the hard drive.