WD MyCloud Ex2 - how to switch the skin in local browser interface

Hi there guys,

Just purchased the WD MyCloud Ex2. In every review, they have that cool and awesome dark skin, which is one of the reasons why I bought this NAS. And when I open my interface, it’s all white and eye tearing.

Please advise on how to switch the skin from white, to black,

Thank You!

regards

Bryan

I’m afraid to tell you it has probably been shipped with v1.xx.xxx firmware, which has the nice (at least I prefered it) dark web interface, but has auto upgraded to v.2.10.310 firmware (the current release). The horrible (in my view) white interface came with v2.xx.xxx firmware (also known as OS3) and there is nothing you can do about it.

Some “fixes” were introduced with v2.xx.xxx, but also a fair number of new bugs. For instance the LED behaviour in sleep (powersave) has been changed from all LEDs off in sleep to the utterly incomprehensible all LEDs ON!!!

Thank You for Your reply mate! Well, I guess that’s that for the new interface :confused:

Looking at one of the other threads in the EX2 area it looks like it is now v.2.11.133. Not that it helps you unfortunately…

1 Like

You could try donwloading the last version prior to v2.xx.xxx which is v1.05.36 from the link below and doing a manual update. You might need to do some digging on here if it refuses to downgrade to find out how to force:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/dyn-search.php?search_term=my+cloud+ex2

However I’d turn off auto firmware update first and, naturally, it would be at your own risk.

1 Like

Hoorah, I’ll try that sir! Thank You! :slight_smile:

I’d advise having a read of this first:

George

EDIT: I posted the wrong link! OOOPS!

1 Like