WD MyCloud 4TB problems (bricked)

First of all, hello and excuse if i make some grammar mistakes.

I have a 4tb mycloud with some problems.
some details about it:
model: WDBCTL0040HWT-00
firmware v: 4.01.04.
running transmission 2.84 (for about 3 years now)

3-4 weeks ago i played a movie on PC (via GB LAN) and the movie freezed. my player (mpc-hc stopped). at first, my thougs was that the movie files was corrupted. i copied to pc, skipped to that minute where the problem occured, but it was fine. after a couple of days, another movie, and again the same problem. another day and media player, same problem.
4-5 days ago, transmission webui started to respond slow, mycloud ui did the same. i deletem some files, seeding torrents (with a lot small files like mp3). still the same problem.
i tryed to update the firmware to 4.05…with manny methods

1. online: failed with error (don’t remember if it was a error code or not)
  2. with local file: instant fail with error “not enough space on hdd”. all sys partitions had at least 500mb space.
  3. tryed via ssh runing the updateFirmwareFromFile.sh script. fail after 15-20mins of doing stuff, “unpack timeout occurred, failed 202”

i tried 40sec reset, with no luck.

also, logging in with putty, sometimes is very slow as well.
i used these commands which seems to work, so ui and putty login act as they should.

/etc/init.d/wdmcserverd stop
/etc/init.d/wdphotodbmergerd stop

but i started a download that ended to a “i/o error” and the download paused (not completed). that sounds like a HDD problem…and transmission and mycloud ui respond time was very slow.

also, tonight i tried to run the tests from mycloud UI, both failed

so, i have 2 problems (for now):

1. is a big chance that my HDD is on his last days?
  2. if my HDD is ok, how can i update the firmware? as i said, tried a lot of methods without any luck

again, sorry for my grammar mistakes and if i wasn’t so coherent.

any suggestions?

ps: at the moment, mycloud ui doesn’t respond (30mins ago was ok. i think a restart would solve that), putty works ok and transmission is stopped.

le: after ~1h from opening this topic, wd ui wasn’t working. i logged in with putty and run “/sbin/reboot” … so my cloud decide to take a nap. i think he got tired of me and my experiments :smiley:

so. i took the HDD out, connected to pc and booted gparted (with UI) from hiren’s boot. right now, i’m backing up what i need. after this, i think i have to unbrick it.

i fout this

should i use that file? it says it is for 4tb and the model for my cloud i own.