WD Mycloud 2TB slow and unreachable

Yesterday i received my wd mycloud unit.

I have the last firmware.

Web UI is very slow: 5 6 min to see the login mask. When i change a setting i have to wait 1 min and often there is an error.

When i open the hd \wdmycloud 10 15 sec to open the folder.

When i upload a file with wireless the speed is 2/3 MB/sec.

I try with hard reset and turn off firewall. Nothing.

Can you help me?

WD support can say something of official. Incredible sell a product that not working.

Bye

Have you been observing this behaviour from only one of your PCs/Laptops or is it the same from any client in the home network?

From 2 PC Windows 7 64 bit.

I try to configure cloud for mobile access but Web User Interface is slow and often “freeze” in the “Access to wdmycloud” screen…

I delete also a “guest” user and i saw it on the UI for 3 hours. After 3 hours disappear!

For my experience are software problem i don’t think that the unit is broken.

Maybe i had to read this community before, i see that many users have a lot of problems.

Try to do a quick factory restore, it will reformat and reinstall the OS.  Settings > Utilties > Quick Restore

I’ve the same problem of frens… Any solutions?!

Thanx!

I try:

factory restore

Uninstall quickview and all wd software

Static ip configured

Disable sleep

Media disable for all folder. Service media enable.

Disable ipv6 via ssh

Try to stop and restart apache

Web UI is quite ok!

When i open \wdmycloud and transfer a file 2GB:

3MB/s

2.45MB/s

1MB/s

300kb/s

STOP

wait

wdmycloud is unreachable

I have to try to change my ethernet cable (that connect router to cloud).

I want try it in usb 3.0.

Ah i have disable all security on router (firewall, mac filter). I disable also Comodo firewall on my pc.

Windows7 64 bit update, no virus.

I don’t know… Is broken, is my net, someone have an idea?

I have the same problem with my mac only.

My pc going well and I don’t know why???

frens wrote:

Yesterday i received my wd mycloud unit.

I have the last firmware.

Web UI is very slow: 5 6 min to see the login mask. When i change a setting i have to wait 1 min and often there is an error.

When i open the hd \wdmycloud 10 15 sec to open the folder.

When i upload a file with wireless the speed is 2/3 MB/sec.

I try with hard reset and turn off firewall. Nothing.

Can you help me?

WD support can say something of official. Incredible sell a product that not working.

Bye

What do you expect from wifi? 

I have wifi n on my phone/tablet and also on my router where MyCloud is attached trough gigabit connection.

I can stream HD content (bluray rips) to my wifi devices from MyCloud with this config using ftp client/samba shares. 

Check your LAN if you use something lower than my config don’t expect good speeds.  

All I did for mine was update the firmware, but prior to that I had set the port forwarding in my router for MyCloud.  Even though it is not needed for local access, once I did that all my speeds and connections improved quite considerably.  Web access is slow, 2 MB pic. files are ok at best, as for my 2 GB video files forget it.

Hi all,

Just my 2 cents. . . I’m also experiencing the same issues with my 3 TB WD Cloud drive. It also appears to me that WD is like the rest of the tech companies these days, rush the product to the market first flawed or not, we’ll fix things afterwards. This is my third WD product - a few years back I bought 2 WD hard drives for the purpose of mirroring each other. in less than a year one packed up followed by the other a coup[le of weeks later. I bought a WDTV Live Hub. It has been nothing but a big PITA since I bought it. Now the WD MyCloud. Good innovations, exorbinate marketing, crappy products, lousy tech support with the exception of the folks contributing on this forum.

Chances are I won’t buy another of of their products. 3 strikes your out.

That being said, I tried the above suggestion re: port forwarding and it did appear to help a bit. Go figure? I too am using the latest firmware. Time for another UPDATE WD?

Good luck!

CrossXBones