I’ve had issues with my WD MyBook Live 3TB that has remained unresolved.
At this point I would gladly settle for recovering the files off of the drive and retiring it.
- This harddrive connects via my home network.
- Shows a green status light on the front.
- Shows up in Windows Explorer under the Network section as ‘ccnaserv’
- When I click it’s icon under Network it opens up my internet browser and takes me to the WD UI page for this harddrive.
- It shows 760GB of data used out of 3TB.
- If I try to navigate to the drive in Windows Explorer by typing in \ccnaserv it takes a few moments but eventually gives me a message telling me to check my spelling of the file name and the error code 0x80004005
- I’ve opened Command Prompt and run arp -a which did find the device that matches up with my Harddrive’s MAC address.
- I tried going to that IP address in Windows Explorer and got the same results.
- I’ve tried this on multiple computers, done the 4 second reset, and spoken with a very helpful WD Tech Support agent on the phone.
Any suggestions to fix this issue or any ways I can recover the data off of the harddrive would be greatly appreciated!