Wd mybook keeps saying it needs repaired

I have a Dell Precision Laptop running Windows 10. The MyBook drive is connected to a StarTech 4 port USB hub that then connects to the USB-C port on the laptop. I also have a separate WD MyPassport external drive connected to the same hub.
Periodically I get an error message saying that an error was detected on the MyBook drive and I have to run a scan and repair. This seems to happen every time I activate the screen saver, shut down the large display I have attached to the laptop, and don’t use the laptop for a few hours. Sometimes it’s just a couple of hours.
If I don’t run the scan and repair I am unable to access pictures I have on the MyBook drive (and app use to view the pictures tells me the file is corrupted). After I run the scan and repair, everything is fine.
Yes, I do have backups of everything, but I am wondering if they are being backed up with some kind of error. I also once ran Chkdsk and it did detect errors but it said it had repaired them.
Here’s my question. WHY am I getting constant error messages that the drive needs repaired? It’s a fairly new drive and I have never dropped it, shaken it, etc. How can I know for sure it’s ok? Would it have to do with the fact that it’s connected to the 4 port hub and then to the USB-C port? Just remember that the MyPassport drive has not had that problem and it’s also connected to the 4 port hub.
Thanks!

Hi @jfguerra,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask