WD MyBook Duo Raid Configuration Error

Hi Everyone,

I just received my WD MyBook Duo (WDBFBE0120JBK-EESN) and I have trouble setting up the RAID configuration. I did the following:

1. Plugged in the drive → Windows opening it in explorer and showing me the two installation links for the software
  2. Clicking on the link and installing WD Drive Utilities (version 2.0.0.76) from the internet
  3. In WD Drive Utilities, the drive is found by the software, but the moment I click configure, I) receive the message “Configuration Failed” (In german “Konfiguration fehlgeschlagen”) → see screenshot. The Raid status is healty. I tried it with two different windows versions. Do you have any clue on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Maybe it is worth mentioning that the LED is blinking every 2 seconds (measured it). Could not find the right error code in the manual.

RAID 0, is the basic and most popular RAID array level among home users. It offers improved performance, but lacks fault-tolerance. If one of the member disks fails, all data is lost. But it is possible to do RAID 0 Data Recovery using trustworthy software.

Failure of RAID 0 array is mostly caused due to human errors, sudden power surges, controller failure, and software failure. Well, you can easily recover data from the failed array by using a simple, feasible, and risk-free RAID recovery solution and that is possible with reliable and trusted RAID 0 recovery software. Here I will recommend you to try Stellar Data Recovery Technician software.

Further, I will suggest you to check the below blog to know how to recover data from the failed RAID 0 arrays using the software:

Hope it will help.

No that does not answer my question at all, I rather have the feeling you want to advertise your own solution. Admins should have a look at this.

I fixed the issue by using a Mac instead with the Mac WD Software