WD My Passport Ultra 2TB Clicking

I’ve had this drive for a while now and ocassionally (just a couple times a day), I hear the drive make a clicking noise. It’s just one (or two?) clicks. I’ve had multiple external hard drives and never heard something like it. I’ve had some before where it clicks repeatedly, and if it did that, I might be concerned, but with this I’m not sure. I ran tests on it when I first got it and all was good. It seems that way now aside from the weird noise. Any information? 

Be sure to use the USB cable that came bundled with the Passport, longer cables and USB hubs can cause power issues. You can try running a DLG test to rule out any hardware issues. Check the link below for more information. 

How to test a drive for problems using Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows

run the SMART tests

I use the cable that came with the drive. 

I ran the DLG program. Both Quick and Extended Test passed. 

I also have a WD My Passport 2TB (basically the same thing before the Ultra came out) that is connected to the USB right above it, and it doesn’t have the same problem. 

Anyone have any suggestions? There hasn’t been any problems so far… but I don’t want the drive to just suddenly die or something. 

I would not run the Smart test from WD I fixed my drive using another program and got my files out and when I used WD programs it all crashed and now it is clicking. When it clicks you are fucxd

It’s not normal clicking though. It just happens once every several hours… or less…

Meaning it will soon crash so back up everything and if you have warrenty change it

All the tests came back fine. I doubt WD would replace it if all I said was that it was clicking every once in a while. I wouldn’t want to go through the hassle either, if it could just be a non-problematic thing. I’m trying to know if there is anyway to figure out a specific cause, and from there determine if it should be replaced.