WD My Passport suddenly unable to be installed; not shown in My Computer? Please help!

Yesterday my computer and external hard disk drives were working perfectly fine. It all changed when I pressed the restart button (normal restart, no apparent errors). Firstly, it took a long time to boot up (>15 min). I found My Passport to be the cause of this, as when I disconnect it and tried booting up again, it took the usual 5 min. However, even if I leave it connected while starting the computer up, it is still not shown in the Windows Explorer.

Whenever I tried connecting it, the first notification I get is ‘Your device is installed and ready to be used’. However, there will always be an ‘Installing device driver software’ in the notification area. This can take up to 10 min to be resolved, with an error of ‘Device Driver was not successfully installed’. ‘Disk Drive’ and ‘SYMWAVE SES USB Device’ apparently failed to install. 

My Passport does not show up in ‘My Computer’ at all, thus I cannot read it. Also, it does not appear in 'Disk management. It shows up in the Device Manager under ‘Other Devices’, as ‘SYMWAVE SES USB Device’, with a yellow exclaimation mark. ‘Update Driver Software’ gives no results, whether if I point it to System32\Drivers, my other Passport with the driver installation files, or online.

Note: I can feel My Passport constantly spinning/vibrating whenever I plug it in. The computer definitely detects it, but is unable to read it. I have been using this for 2 years.

Please advise. I am at a loss and the 1TB of data is unable to be accessed.

EDIT:

Ran DLG Diagnostics, here are the results:

Test Option: QUICK TEST

Model Number: SYMWAVE WDC WD10TMVW-11Z

Unit Serial Number: [Deleted]

Firmware Number: 1A01

Capacity: 0.00 GB

SMART Status: Not Available

Test Result: PASS

Test Time: 15:36:36, August 18, 2013

Test Option: EXTENDED TEST

Model Number: SYMWAVE WDC WD10TMVW-11Z

Unit Serial Number: [Deleted]

Firmware Number: 1A01

Capacity: 0.00 GB

SMART Status: Not Available

Test Result: PASS

Test Time: 15:45:04, August 18, 2013 

Also, the properties shows as 

[Deleted]

You can try the suggestions provided on the link bellow:

WD external drive is not assigned a drive letter by Windows or Mac OSX and data on the drive is inaccessible

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1164

Hi, the drive simply does not show up, so I can’t even change the drive letter if I wanted to.

Things I have tried:

Change to another USB 3.0 cable (this cable is working on the other My Passport I have)

Plug it to another laptop 

HD Tune (Drive does not show up)

Adding on:

There were some symptoms that this drive was going to fail, such as being unable to copy stuff into it occasionally. I filled it up to around 800GB/900GB, but they are all media/iso files and I don’t run more than 1 at a time. Maybe this information can’t help, but I’ll just leave it here.

Nothing worked so far, any other advice?

Looks like the drive failed.

You can try contacting support for additional information and/or replacing the drive.

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

Is there any non-expensive way of retrieving the data? Or any other methods?