WD My Passport, File folders mysteriously changes to the current time?

I Purchase 3 WD My Passport Ultra’s (2) 1TB and (1) 2TB from Amazon, It’s the 2015 Release Model.
And I have noted that the (WD) Western Digital hard drives, when copying the “file’s folders” over, the “Date Modified” (date and time) “mysteriously” changes on the folders to the current time sadly. This never happens when I’m transferring anything over from my SanDisk Cruzer Blade 128GB to SanDisk Cruzer Fit. Is this Something the “My Passport Ultra Series” does or is it all portable hard drives?

.The Date the folder was Modified was 2/16/2014 (moved 5 times to SanDisk fit since then, never changed)
.Folder goes from “2/16/2014” to “12/23/2016” after I move it to the My Passport Drive?
.Yes it’s normal for the “Date Crated” to change but not the “Date it the folder was Modified”
.I’m on Windows 8.1 and It’s not a computer problem as my SanDisk’s & PNY USB drives prove that.

Any help appreciated :slight_smile:

Well, USB drives have no concept of date or time, so it MUST be something different on the PC.

When you plug your hard Drive in does it show up under or as “Removable Disk” in “Devices and drives” ?
I’m going to do some exploring .