WD My Passport external driver failure

The problem is that I dropped my WD My Passport external hard drive to the floor.

Now, it’s somehow recognized, but can’t be seen in My Computer. In “device manage” it’s blank-lettered and  zero-sized.

While plugged, light is on and it makes some clicking noise.

Unfortunately, I didn’t back up any data from it before, so I need some help to get my data back from the hard drive.

I don’t much care about the hard drive itself.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

See the link below for list of authorize data recovery companies.

http://support.wdc.com/recovery/index.asp?lang=en&selregion=americas

I tried to call them all. Minimum price is 400$ and above.

I’m not that rich to pay this amount.

Is there any alternatives?

I don’t care about the hard drive itself, important is the data there.

Thanks

At this point they would only be able to recovery your data since the drive was dropped. Even opening the enclosure won’t help, since the drive was dropped.

Hi,

Try Downloading the software which can help you recover the data even if the drive is not there but the drive should power on

These data recovery  softwares will reocover the data from the curroptted file system

Software Suggestions: " Recover FAT to NTFS"

You might have to purchase this if you dont get this software for free download.

If you don’t care for the drive, Don’t care for the warranty as well.

Break open the drive (you will void the warranty),and you will get a Scorpio drive (laptop drive).

Connect the drive on any other USB en-closer, or to your desktop via sata connection cables,

If the internal drive is fine, you should be able to get the data back (but will lose the warranty).

If you don’t care for the drive, Don’t care for the warranty as well.

Break open the drive (you will void the warranty),and you will get a Scorpio drive (laptop drive).

Connect the drive on any other USB en-closer, or to your desktop via sata connection cables,

If the internal drive is fine, you should be able to get the data back (but will lose the warranty).

=================================

Every drive will fail one day or other my friend. Please keep more than 1 copy of your data.

1 Like

format it, update the firmware and the software

If everything fails, try tapping the drive gently to “kick” start the drive.

Usually head landed on disk platter and when lucky you can get drive to work again on temp base.

If works, make sure to copy data and back up.

it’s be able to recovery the file http://gotbackdata.com/dr-case-WD%20passport.html