WD My Passport external 2Tb

Hello, Purchased a WD My Passport external 2Tb.Pri first start the computer it was defined as a hard disk.Na LG Smart TV , he also immediately determined, even record it did through Time Maschine.No afterwards on the computer in the My Computer folder it not visible, too, like all the drivers are loaded and updated, the device manager shows that the drive is working normalno.No WDSmartware icon on the toolbar flashes green and white. It looks like WD is locked or has a format that is not supported by WD SmartWare software on Windows. On a computer that is running . Tell me, please: what to do ? Thank you.

Hello,

I got a little confused by your post.

If you used the drive on a Mac the Windows computer will not recognize it since Windows cannot read Mac format.

In order to use it on Windows you will have to format it for Windows. Please note this will delete all data stored on your external drive.

How to partition and format a WD drive on Windows (8, 7, Vista, XP) and Mac OSX

1 Like

Hello! Reformat the external drive, as you suggest, and the problem disappeared. Thank you very much for your help.

Hello, I formatted the drive and it was visible on kompyutere.Ya movies recorded on it and connect the drive to continue producing televizoru.V recording from the TV to disk, everything was normalno.Vskore I saw that movie on a disk drive to the computer net.Podsoedenil and found that the drive is not seen again in my computer, and the icon at the bottom Smart Ware blinking white-zelenym.Podskazhite, please: what’s the problem? regards.