WD My Passport Essential - Matt Finish

Hello WD.  I have been a long time customer and I often recommend your products to peers and companies alike.  That said, I would really like to see your company put forth a WD My Passport Essential with a Matt Finish instead of the highly scratchable shinny plastic that they currently have.  I have at least 5 of these portable drives and plan to buy lots more, but every single one of them I have ever purchased became scratched and worn looking within the first day of use.  I would love these drives so much more if your company considered applying a textured matt finish, maybe even something rubbery?  Basically any finish would be better than the current shinny plastic one.  It looks great for about 2 minutes, then it looks like someone pennied it.

For some reason I keep reluctantly buying these drives despite this severely annoying aesthetic flaw because I like WD but most importantly because I trust their build, integrity and reliability; but that said, every single time I get a new one I think to myself… This would be SOOOO much better if it just had a matt finish.  Such a small change for something that would make your drives so much more favorable in my eye.  A friend asked me the other day for advice on a hard drive purchase, and I recommended these drives but I felt responsible to mention this aesthetic flaw and show him my scratched up drives.  Ultimately, despite my good recommendation about their reliability, he chose another brand.

So please, please, please - consider my request and release the exact same WD My Passport Essential portable drive again that I have come to fully trust, but do so with a matt finish this time, and I promise you as a loyal customer that I will keep buying these drives forever without any discontent and recommend them to every single person who asks my advice on hard drive purchases for ever.

Thank you,

-Doug

Idea approved and submitted for voting.