WD My Passport Essential 1TB Suddenly stopped working!

Hi

My WD My Passport Essential 1TB Suddenly stopped working ! , it was working perfectly with out any problems during the past years , but today when I connected to my computer it did not show up as always !

I tried to connected it to another computers and using another cables but nothing happened .

here is what I get in the Disk Management

I can not initialized the disk :frowning:

can you help me please ?

2 Likes

any help ?

the drive is not being seen at all. this looks like a bad drive. there is not really anything you can do other than get a replacement. you can check with WD support to see if it is still under warranty.

This is the second external My Passport external drive that has just quit on me for absolutely no fault by me, it just stopped booting! The first one which was a couple of years ago, I took to a professional restorer suggested by my computer guru who could not help me. They charged me $140. and could NOT restore any of my stored images. NOW a practically new 2.0 external has just stopped working. When plugged in the light on the external illuminates and the drive itself feels like it’s working/running, but it doesn’t come up or load on my File Explorer or any of the other computers I tried it on. WTH? why in the world would two drives funk in the last 2 years? Unfortunately I am a photographer and now cannot access any of the images I stored on this hard drive. especially this larger drive. Needless to say I am very dissatisfied with these products and devistated at the possibility of losing all these images.
Can anyone suggest a fix? … PLEASE!!! non replacable images contained on this drive.and this was a new drive that has quit. HELP IT’L BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED_ Nostalgic Memories by Lea Mau Cook :sweat::face_with_raised_eyebrow::angry:emphasized text

I’m in the same boat as the person who posted the original post!!! But it was a 2.0 To be told it’s a lost cause is unbelievableand devistating. There is nor reason for a backup method external drive to fault twice. Obviously there is a main problem with these products! I’m planning to never use these products again due to the malfunctions. I cannot afford losing my images… So upset you cannot imagine! Nostalgic Memories by Lea

I think I can not get a replacement because the hard drive 2-3 years old

same thing here , I did not do any thing that may effect the drive :frowning:

1 Like

I did. I used it and expected it to work correctly. No physical abuse here either

I am still waiting help

no one can help me :frowning: ?

I did. I used it and expected it to work correctly. No physical abuse here either

WD Staff , can you help us ?