WD My Passport corrupted

Hi this is the 3rd time I had problem with my WD. I’ve been using Western Digital eversince and this is the 3rd time my WD had a problem I have 4 Western Digital Products 1. WD TV HD media player (corrupted) 2. WD My Booklive 2 TB, 3. My Passport 1TB (corrupted) and 4. My Passport 2 TB (corrupted). First suddenly my WD TV HD media player was corrupted and cannot used it anymore. Next is my WD My Passport 1 TB was corrupted. And this time my WD My Passport 2 TB cannot be recognized by my Macbook anymore. I’ve been using it for so long and all my files was saved on that hard drive cause I want to reformat my laptop but suddenly I cannot use it anymore. Now I cannot access it and all my files was lost. I don’t know what to do anymore. And I think this will be the last time I will be using this product. I really like Western Digital but I think I had enough.

Sorry to hear your string of bad luck … i’ve numerous Seagate hard drives fail on me (about 5 in total) and totally swore off ever buying Seagate again. Also all my friends have had their Seagate drives fail.

Have been only buying Western Digital hard drives (have about 10 drives) Media Players (bought all models of WDTV) over the last 10~15 years and have not ever had any of them fail or get corrupted.

So, everyone has a different experience i suppose :confused:

Oh I see. I’m actually planning on buying Seagate hard drives but hearing from you, I think I should research wisely which hard drive should I use.

Happy to know that you never had an issue with your Western Digital products. Maybe it really depends on someone’s luck. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Cheers!

“WD Drive Unlock.app” will damage your computer. You should eject the disk.

Anyone familiar with this prompt? Solution-fix?

I just had the same message:
WD Drive Unlock” will damage your computer. You should eject the disk
And I do not know what to do…

Figured out the solution to "WD Drive Unlock” will damage your computer. You should eject the disk.

1. You need to right click on it, and click "Get Info
  2. There’s a dropdown menu under General, click "Override Malware Protection
  3. A popup modal / menu will appear, click Allow Anyway

Then you should be in!

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 10.53.27 PM