WD MY EX2 Network link down but connected by Ethernet to iMac?

I’ve recently moved house and since then my timemachine backup doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve check and it’s showing up as a shared drive but every time it tries to backup it fails. In the logs it says the Network link is down but as it’s connected directly to the mac via an ethernet cable I’m not sure why it’s not working?

I wasn’t sure if it’s having issues as my wifi network is a different one to before but couldn’t see any way to make it pick up the new one (if that’s even the issue).

I’ve done a full system restore, removed the WD MY EX2 as the selected backup disk in timemachine and the reselected it but nothing seems to happen other than it fails to backup, in fact since doing that it just sits ‘preparing backup’ for a couple of days before I’ve got fed up of waiting and started it again.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to resolve this issue? I use it as a Raid backup for my business and not having any regular backup at present isn’t good.

Because you are using an EX2 you may want to post your issue/question, or review previous discussions in, the dedicated EX2 subforum. There may be people more knowledgeable about the EX2 in that subforum. This subforum (My Cloud) is generally for the single bay/single drive My Cloud units.

https://community.wd.com/c/network-attached-storage/wd-my-cloud-ex2

Thanks Bennor, I’ve moved it to the sub forum :slight_smile: