WD My Cloud

I purchased a new Arris SBG6782-AC cable modem today and connected my WD MY CLOUD to it and it will not connect and I cannot find it on the net work. I have downloaded all the WD software to try and find it and it will not find it. I unplug the drive and get a solid blue light for about 3 minutes and then the light turns red. The WD My Cloud setup software will not find the Cloud. I have tried the reset button while the red light is on and nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Donny

donnyhat wrote:

I purchased a new Arris SBG6782-AC cable modem today and connected my WD MY CLOUD to it and it will not connect and I cannot find it on the net work. I have downloaded all the WD software to try and find it and it will not find it. I unplug the drive and get a solid blue light for about 3 minutes and then the light turns red. The WD My Cloud setup software will not find the Cloud. I have tried the reset button while the red light is on and nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Donny

The cable modem as 4 hardwired ethernet ports, I suggest that you hook up one of your computers having an ethernet port directly to the cable modem to insure the ports are actually connecting to the internet.

I hope that you checked with you ISP about compatability with Arris SBG6782-AC.

I know the Cat 5 ports are working because I have my Samsung Blue Ray Smart Hub hooked up also and it works on all four ports, at present I am watching a movie on netflix. The modem is compatible with comcast cable and xfinity internet, work great. It is just the cloud that quit working.

Apologies if I’m stating the obvious - try another cable