WD My Cloud wakes up frequently even I don't use it. after FW upgrade

WD My Cloud wakes up frequently even I don’t use it. It goes to sleep mode after 10 minutes and why it wakes up again frequently. It’s happen when we use computer and mobile on the same network. I expect a long life from My WD My Cloud. So I like it should be in sleep mode when I don’t use it. (Remote access is off, Time sync off media server off) :angry:

I have the same issue, even at night when no device is active.

(except for apple tv, which is always in standby mode).

media server is off, cloud access on.

Kunabal wrote:

WD My Cloud wakes up frequently even I don’t use it. It goes to sleep mode after 10 minutes and why it wakes up again frequently. It’s happen when we use computer and mobile on the same network. I expect a long life from My WD My Cloud. So I like it should be in sleep mode when I don’t use it. (Remote access is off, Time sync off media server off) :angry:

Hi guys, this issue is currently under investigation.

1 Like

Would you please be so kind as to let these guys know how long has this issue beed “under investigation”?
Or better yet, let me.
I filed a case with support late January 2014 only to find out that it had been the issue since late 2000s, like 6 years or so and begun with the MyBook series. Since my case I have been given advice that never helped or helped a bit (it wakes up a few times per hr, not several now). Hardly an improvement.
WD has no idea what causes the problem and likely little expertise, given the last FW update that wreaked havoc in all devices but one, the cat0ow’s, who somehow always evades the problems we have and claims his MyCloud works as advertised.
Perhaps I read different ads, as mine doesn’t.
Oh I lied, the WD has a solution for all, who complain. They remove their complaints from the forum. Bet they do remove mine.