WD My cloud unable to access using FTP on Local network

Hi,

I got new WD My Cloud 2tb. I am trying to access it using FTP on local network but getting error 530 permission denied.

I have already followed steps mentioned in below link

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2680/session/L2F2LzEvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMzk0MjMwNzM4L3NpZC96cmlCNkdPbA%3D%3D

FTP is enabled. User defined with password. While connecting to FTP it shows welcome messgae and ask for user name. Once user name is given and enter key is pressed it straight forward gives 530 error.

I have tried it with windows ftp command prompt and Filezilla. Both giving same error.

Can any one let me know what can be reason for same.

I need ftp to setup up my ip camera.

What are you using as an FTP client?

It sounds like your FTP client is trying to access a director that’s not allowed, instead of the folder for the FTP user being used?

1 Like

I am using filezilla and giving user name which I added newly. Not sure what is issue. Even plain command prompt ftp is giving same error

saurabhaggarwal wrote:
I am using filezilla and giving user name which I added newly. Not sure what is issue. Even plain command prompt ftp is giving same error

If your user ID isn’t in that list, add it to the bottom.

Thanks.
I restarted device once and after that ftp access becomes available. Seems device needs to be restarted after ftp access list modification.

Thanks to all who replied.