WD My Cloud on IOS 11 beta 7 isn't working

Hi, I recently upgraded my IPhone 6s with the latest IOS 11 beta 7, since that WD My Cloud isn’t working. Tries to open, then after 2 seconds just close. Any Idea if WD is working now on this issue? Someone knows how to fix it?
I’m using WD My Cloud 4.4.9 version.
BTW: WD My Cloud is working fine on my other IPhone6 with IOS 10.3.3 version.

Thanks.

I am sure that WD like pretty much all manufacturers out there do not officially support Beta versions of any OS including iOS. There are a lot of apps out there that are having issues with iOS 11.beta. I actually went back to iOS 10 because several of my apps were having issues with the iOS 11 beta.

These are things that you may see when using beta versions of an OS. the issue may or may not even be on the WD side. iOS is a huge market though and I am sure WD will have any issues on their side fixed before the official release of iOS 11.

drlucky:
Thanks for your quick response. I’m guessing the same, just drop the ball to see if someone else have the workaround or fix. For now isn’t a big Issue for me, I can survive until Apple or WD conciliate the problem. Thanks again.

Recently I learned that iOS 11 will no longer support 32-bits apps. I really don’t know whether the app is 32 or 64-bits, but maybe that’s causing it to crash. Supposing this is the case, we would need WD to adapt the application to news IOS specs.

WD is aware of the issue with beta users for iOS 11. We’ve identified the problem and are working to release an update in the near future.

Forum Admin
Lance_C

Thank you for your reply Lance.

Thanks for your quick response.

I have the same problem, thought it might be worth mentioning you can still log on to your cloud device through safari :grin:

www.mycloud.com

I asked this very question re will WD my cloud be supported once new IOS and OSX arrives in autumn 2017 (not beta) WD reply (not forum but WD)
Said yes it would be updated and app would be updated so no issues for future use with my cloud on IOS and OSX.

Hope that helps.

WD released an updated version of the My Cloud App on 9/11/17 which resolves the issue. Please update your My Cloud app to the latest release.

WD JAPAN not update and support WD cloud APP and firmware since 2015.

I troubled with iOS11 now…
It’s sirious problem for us.

Isn’t there anything you can do about it?

Same problem here for my iPad & IPhone for Japanese.

I know the update version for ios11 was released on Sep 11, but as far as I know, it’s not provided to the customers with the Apple accounts for Japanese. So now I can’t find the update version through the App Store to download.

WD support, please change the status of the latest Mycloud app so that it can be downloaded by the Japanese customers, too.

Thanks.

I have the same issue: My Cloud EX2 Ultra 2.30.165, iOS 11.0.3.
Everything was setup correctly and now my pictures and video are not transferred to My Cloud EX2 Ultra anymore. I can only see the Auto backup In Progress screen but nothing happens. Please, help.
Renato

This drive worked just fine in my home network but heaven forbid I should try to access my files from a remote location. On multiple business trips I was left with out any access to my files. Over the course of four weeks I was in touch with three different Technical Support guys as they kept escalating my issue. Recently got it from appvn. None of them was helpful and instead of fixing the problem they just had me doing everything that the previous tech had me do. Worst product ever! Horrible horrible horrible customer service. Stay away from this dog.

I feel for you, if it helps i have read do not use a WD mycloud for this purpose as the security terrible inaducate.

I have no working knowledge, but the author did go into depths of why and their knowledge base and ideas were sound from my point of view. Hence i avoided for security reasons.

If you do get this to work I be interested to know more please.

Also any speed tests, as i find the interface with IOS and My Cloud on LAN slower than i expect, drive spins at 5400 and 1 gig upload from IOS is 4 mins