WD My Cloud not recognized (it works only with Ethernet)

I hope you can help me (I’m sorry, my english is bad but is not my mothertongue).

I have a new WD MY Cloud 3 TB.

I have connected the disk to the router with the network cable and to the power line. Light is blue.

My PC (WIndows 7) don’t recognizes the My Cloud.

I try to connect pc and router with the Ethernet cable and the PC recognizes My Cloud. Alsothe access to the dashboard online is ok. 

If I unplug the Ethernet cable from the PC, in wireless same problem: now I can see My Cloud in Windows Explorer (File Manager) but cannot open files or work with the program WD My Cloud. The disk don’t works from PC.

In fact: it seems to be OK only if PC is connected to the router via Ethernet.

Did you have suggestions, what the problem is or what can I try with the wifi connection? (otherwise wifi works fine).

Thanks in advance.

ci_mycloud wrote:

If I unplug the Ethernet cable from the PC, in wireless same problem: now I can see My Cloud in Windows Explorer (File Manager) but cannot open files or work with the program WD My Cloud. 

So you can “see” the My Cloud, but you can’t open files?  What happens when you try?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

ci_mycloud wrote:

If I unplug the Ethernet cable from the PC, in wireless same problem: now I can see My Cloud in Windows Explorer (File Manager) but cannot open files or work with the program WD My Cloud. 

So you can “see” the My Cloud, but you can’t open files?  What happens when you try?

the file “freezes” (I hope, I can explain so what is happens!) and I cannot acces to the dashboard.

Hmmm.

Well, the My Cloud doesn’t know whether you’re wired or wireless;  the only two things that do are your Router and your PC itself.

I would check the configuration for the network profile on Wireless on your PC and make sure the settings are the same as the wired network profile.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Hmmm.

Well, the My Cloud doesn’t know whether you’re wired or wireless;  the only two things that do are your Router and your PC itself.

I would check the configuration for the network profile on Wireless on your PC and make sure the settings are the same as the wired network profile.

Many thanks, TonyPh! I will check it.

Little update: now the PC is wireless, no Ethernet cable connected to the router.

From the program My Cloud I can now access to the files I have saved in. But very very very slow.
And I cannot access to the dashboard, neither from the programm WD MY Cloud (black icon) or direct from the browser with the address.
I have some topics in the forum re. impossible access to the dashboard, have controlled the IP number (cmd.exe > ping…) and changed the URL in the properties of the WD My Cloud Panel (right click, Web Document), but nothing happens. I have tried with the address http:\wdmycloud but dont works.

Can this help to understand what happens? Thanks in advance!

Take a look at this, it should help you.

http://content.webcollage.net/apps/cs/mini-site/bestbuy/module/wdc/wcpc/1380204748603/tab/demo-eebd01c1?enable-reporting=true&showtabs=&channel-product-id=1219079080973 

Be sure to look at the tab My Cloud │ How it Works.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

cat0w wrote:

Take a look at this, it should help you.

http://content.webcollage.net/apps/cs/mini-site/bestbuy/module/wdc/wcpc/1380204748603/tab/demo-eebd01c1?enable-reporting=true&showtabs=&channel-product-id=1219079080973 

Be sure to look at the tab My Cloud │ How it Works.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Hi cat0w, thanks for the link.
But I have done all (as explained in My Cloud - How it Works): connected, installed the program, light is blue, have created a “owner”/user, drag-drop some files and so on. But in wireless I have a lot of problems, most is My Cloud not recognised from the PC or works only very slow or is disconnected (now e.g. I receive an erroro message, the disk is not online).