WD My Cloud Home on Mac OS Big Sur : not working

I do not have a MY CLOUD HOME device, I have a MY CLOUD device, the original my cloud. I have downloaded the app for the Big Sur os, and I still can not see any of my files on finder. is there another app for this original device or will there be an update so that we can use the original device. I to do not want to use the web browser to see my HD.

What a f*cking joke!! :triumph: HUGE failure by Western Digital! I upgraded to Big Sur on my MacBook Pro and My Cloud Home no longer appears on my desktop. Now I can’t get any work done!

I contacted customer support 9 days ago and had my case escalated, but nobody has gotten back to me with a solution. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled WD Discovery like 20 times.

I’m going to be returning my drive and marking it as “Defective” since it’s still under warranty :rage: The beta for Big Sur has been out since last June so there’s really no excuse. You better be reading this Western Digital!

Also having the same issues with WD Discovery causing Finder to freeze. Running Big Sur on a 16" MBP. It would be great to see a solution for this, but right now it seems like it might just be easier to return the My Cloud Home and upgrade to something that’s already working well with MacOS.

Hi, i’ve a My Cloud Home 3T in 2 partitions. Did work perfect on my old Imac.
On my new mac i’ve got this problem:
On one partitio is the the time machine instald: works perfect.
on the second partition are my work files instald, but my imac (big sur) does not see this partition in the network.
But i can contact this partion by using de WD-app via internet. strange :-{
any idea to solve this problem?
Ruud

Same, freezes and nothing works, internet pages stop loading and I have to hard reset and then quickly quit the program in the task bar to get anywhere. Uninstalled it now as it’s pointless.

Same issue with my cloud home and Big Sur on my 2019 Macbook pro

Same issue with myCloud home and Macbook Pro 2018 Big Sur. Freezes and drops network.
I managed to set up time machine backups and using as shared drive via web app seems to work ok, but I have WD Discovery off in order for it to work.

Really need someone from WD to come on here and give us a fix

Still the same issues over here. Strange that there is no reaction at all from WD!

Support is still a joke, no fix after several months reporting the issue.

I try this : uninstall WD, enable root account and install it again (as root) but same results. this solution seems to works for a person in this Big Sur Support! FAIL! WD has FAILED the community!

I’ve just bought this, keeps crashing and freezing my mac on Big Sur.

Please try the following to see if the issue resolves:

Go to:
System Preferences → Extensions
Click on Finder Extensions and ensure there is a check next to WDDesktop Finder Extensions
Reboot your computer and attempt to access My Cloud Home data using WD Discovery

mac_extensions

1 Like

The prior issues I had with lockups on Big Sur seem to be fixed now. Thank you!

Excellent, many thanks for this as it seems to fix the issue.

Thank you, everything’s work as expected ! No problem since the change (2 days ago)

Hi.

I Have new Mac Book Pro with M1 processor. Just instaled WD Discovery. Third time. Still can not see the shortcut to disk in finder and desktop.

After I checked box “WDDesktop Finder Extension”, a restarting my computer few times, nothing changes.

Any help?

Try this thread instead, your MCH unit will have a different ID:

Well, can you guide me how to do it? I have no idea where to start with this… Thanks!

Your MCH will have a different ID eg smb://MyCloud-NNNNNN/Public/

1. Open Finder , click Go , and select Connect to Server .
  2. In the popup that appears, enter the address of the network drive. The format will likely be something like ‘smb://NASdrivename/diskorfoldername’ or ‘smb://192.168.1.15/ diskorfoldername’.
  3. Select the ‘ + ’ icon to add it to your favorites list.